At Shady and the Lamp we want you to love your new purchase but if you would like to make a return, we ask that you give us written notice of this decision within 14 days of receiving the product.
*COMMISSIONED AND BESPOKE ORDERS CANNOT BE RETURNED AND ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
Once the return has been approved by Shady and the Lamp, the product must be received by us within 14 days from that date or it will not be accepted. Always contact us before returning a product as it will more than likely be rejected otherwise. We cannot accept responsibility for goods that have been damaged after delivery as a result of poor handling or storage.
Please note that you must cover the cost of the return shipment, unless the item is incorrect or faulty. Our tailored sample service should help to minimise the possibility that you won’t be anything less than thrilled with your purchase.
HOW TO ARRANGE A RETURN
1. You must notify Shady and the Lamp in writing of your wish to return your order within 14 days of receiving the product.
You can email us at email@example.com
Alternatively you can write to us at:
Shady and the Lamp – Returns Department
94 Francis Street
2. On receipt of your notice of return, one of our team members will contact you to confirm the return and refund amount.
3. We strongly recommend that you insure the return shipment as you are under a duty to take reasonable care of the goods and will be liable for damage to them until we receive them. We also recommend that you use a secure trackable shipper and that you retain proof of sending, in case of a dispute.
5. Items must be returned with all tags, in their original condition and fit for resale.
6. We will refund the full value of your order, excluding shipping costs, within 30 days of receipt of the return in question.
Your item(s) should be sent back to us within 28 days. Returns outside these time-frames will not be accepted.
CANCELLING YOUR ORDER
Under the consumer protection (distance selling) regulations, you have the right to cancel any item(s) ordered (with the exception of specially ordered items) within 7 working days from the day after you receive your goods. Such cancellation should be given in writing by letter or by e-mail, a phone call is not sufficient.
On receipt of your notice of cancellation, one of our team members will contact you to confirm the cancellation and refund amount. If your order has not been dispatched, any monies paid will be processed within 7 working days. Please note that during holiday periods this may be longer.
If your order has already been dispatched please see RECEIVING A REFUND below.
Each item cancelled is refunded separately and credited to the original method of payment.
You have a statutory duty throughout the period of cancellation to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them.
RECEIVING A REFUND
Refunds will be processed when the request to return is made within 14 days from the receipt of delivery only.
Your refund will be credited to the original purchaser’s account and will include shipping costs for faulty items only. Shipping costs will not be refunded for items that are not faulty or wrongly delivered.
Please note card refunds may take up to 10 business days for your bank to complete, depending on their processing time. This can vary greatly between card issuers, and unfortunately we are unable to influence this.
PayPal refunds can take up to 30 days for refunds to clear.
We do not exchange goods and would ask that you return your item in accordance with our returns policy above and re-order the replacement on our website.